As our valued guest ("You / Your"), The Angel Hotel (“We / Our”) take the issue of your privacy very seriously. We will not sell or hire your personal information to anyone.
Who Collects my Data?
Data pertaining to your experience in our hotel is gathered by DJC Initiatives T/A The Angel Hotel.
Data is collected during the online booking process by an independent third party booking engine provider (Avon Data Systems Ltd).
When is my Personal Information Collected?
Personal information may be collected in certain circumstances as follows:
- Booking of a hotel room - through on and offline channels
- Enquiries made at the hotel for provision of services (e.g. meeting rooms, wedding venue enquiries)
- Check in and check out
- Consumption during a stay in a hotel as tracked through room charges
- Claims, requests and/or disputes
- Participation in marketing programs
- Registering with loyalty programs
- Contribution to guests surveys and/or comments (e.g. "Guest Satisfaction Survey", "Contact us"; "Guests comments”)
- Subscription to newsletters, to receive e-mail offers or promotions
- Provision of information by third party service providers
- Tour operators, travel agencies, reservation systems
- Filling in of an online form (e.g. online bookings, questionnaire, forms)
The information we collect is managed in line with our Data Retention Policy. Additionally, we will retain this information as required by law, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Collection of Personal Information via our Website
Web server logs
The website hosting system may gather certain information in its server logs, to monitor and manage site usage. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP). This information is used to manage website performance as a whole and to identify any service problems. We do not collect any personal information from website server logs.
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as ‘first party cookies’), or by other websites who serve up content on that site (‘third party cookies’).
- enable you to navigate the website and find the information you are looking for, or
How can You change Your cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.cookiesandyou.com .
Use these links to find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
Google Analytics is web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics cookies enable us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on the website. The information is aggregated and depersonalised, so cannot be tracked back to individuals. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, so that we can continue to improve the website and provide information which interests our visitors. We can also track how our site visitors arrived on our website, e.g. from organic search, an advertising campaign or by referral from another website, so that we can measure the success of our marketing activities. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
Links to other websites
In addition to our online booking link, our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What are the Purposes of Data Collelction by The Angel Hotel?
We use Your personal information for the following purposes:
- To deal with Your enquiries and requests
- To book and reserve hotel rooms and requested accommodation or venue hire provision
- To establish and maintain business records and comply with accounting requirements and local regulations
- For back office processing; including managing a list of undesirable guests, further to a non-payment, or to improper behaviour
- To manage guests' complaints
- To track consumption (telephone, bar, Internet, pay TV)
- To enable You to benefit from our loyalty program, if you join the scheme
- To implement security and fraud prevention means
- Administering membership records
How The Angel Hotel use Personal Data for Marketing Purposes
- To better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services accordingly
- To send You newsletters, promotions and marketing material or contact you about tourism, hospitality or services or hotel promotions, only if you specifically agree for us to do that
- To conduct surveys and analyse guests' questionnaires and comments and activity patterns
- To modify and improve our website Should you wish to discuss any query regarding use of Your data for marketing purposes, contact the Hotel’s General Manager on 01926 881296.
What Personal Information is Collected by The Angel Hotel?
As a customer at The Angel, You may be asked, at various times, to provide personal information about You and your family members, such as:
- Contact information, e.g. name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses
- Other personal details: date of birth; nationality
- Child Information: name and birth date
- Credit card details (only in secure transactional related system)
- Membership card numbers of any loyalty program
- Your dates of arrival and departure
- Your preferences and interests, e.g. preferred location of room (low floor, high floor), type of bed, preferred newspaper, sports and cultural interests
- Any questions/comments You may have during or after your stay in our hotel
Collection of Sensitive Personal Data
In order to satisfy certain requests or to provide You with specific services during your stay, we may collect data which may be considered sensitive including leisure habits, personal activities and hobbies and cultural habits.
We may also collect data to facilitate certain dietary requirements or provide accessible access facilities during your stay.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18, except name, date of birth and nationality as provided directly by an adult on their behalf or with an adult's permission. If You believe your child has submitted personal information directly to us, please contact us so that we can remove it. We do not knowingly collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life details.
Sharing of your Personal Data
We will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent, and to the following. These authorized individuals include (but is not limited to):
- The Angel Hotel employees
- Hotel reservation staff using The Angel Hotel reservation tools
- Information technology staff and marketing department staff
- Medical services
- Legal Department staff
- Any relevant individuals of the The Angel Hotel’s legal entities for specific categories of data
Data Sharing with Third Parties
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. To this end, we have implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organizational measures such as a login/efficient password and physical protection.
International Transfers of Data
Rights to Access and Modify your Personal Information
You have the right to access, modify or delete Your personal information at any time by contacting The General Manager of the Angel Hotel on 01926 881296.
In the interests of protecting the privacy of all of the The Angel Hotel’s guests, we will need to identify You properly prior to responding to your request. To this end, we may request a copy of a valid identification paper such as a current driver's license, identity card or passport. If your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please provide us with your request for correction at the contact details outlined above. Any requests for correction will be dealt with as soon as practicable or in compliance with the GDPR and any applicable law.
Questions / Contact
The full name of our company is DJC Initiatives T/As The Angel Hotel, 143 Regent Street, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV32 4NZ. You can contact us by telephone on 01926 881296.
Our VAT number is 294 2255 48.